Monday, June 15, 2009

who doesn't love a challenge?



so here we go people....today is entry 1 of my "sassy chic chick" blog!! now bear with me, I'm new at this and hope to be in full swing and posting daily. (oh and PS i hate capitalizing, makes it so much faster to type)


i would say i'm am average 30 year old woman who cherishes SOCIALIZING! i even think my report cards in grade school said i was a social butterfly, who would'a thought? so with that being said, socializing = food/wine = weight!!! now as i have informed you in my profile, i was recently married (like less than a month ago) and ummm didn't lose as much weight as i wanted to. and truly it has always been a struggle. i was rail thing in high school (we won't discuss why), ballooned in college (again...we won't discuss why) and have always been on a weight loss roller coaster. i'm sure this will be a common topic throughout my post, but i promise you make you laugh about it!! and myself!


well a dear friend and i have always loved this topic and have frequently been workout (remember the kickboxing class w/ the drill Sergeant) and diet partners! some even worked, for a while, until a new boyfriend came along, or a yummy new cocktail!! so she and i found ourselves today back at that same cross roads (disclaimer: she in no way needs to lose weight what so ever, she's thin as it is...secretly i hate her, JK you know i love you)....so here we are again, that extra 5lbs to go or in my case 10-12lbs to go...what new thing will we try?? then chimes in a lil' fairy (you know you are too adorable for words) "i use jillian michaels 30 day shred video and its awesome and totally works".......CHALLENGE POSED.....ACCEPTED! GAME ON! i trek my happy tushie down to best buy b/c the challenge begins tonight, no video, tonight when i get home from work it will be target and if they don't have it.... overstock.com here i come! so today is the first day i challenge myself and my dear friend to give psycho jillian 30 days to shred me and i welcome this challenge w/ open arms.... i will let jillian make me cry (i saw a youtube clip of this, she really does YELL at you through the tv, imagine her in person, she's probably a cakewalk in biggest loser compared to those she trains), i will lift the weights up and down, up and down, and will crunch it with the best of 'em!! Dear friend, we still need a prize for the winner....let's mull that one over (and it should not have anything to do with food, but maybe drinks)...





let the "shredding" begin.....

4 comments:

  1. I feel like going out tonight & getting this video. I'm always up for a challenge! Kudos to you for taking the 'blog plunge'! Maybe I'll be featured one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sure you will just let me know if i can use your name :)...now i can reveal my "shredding" partner as kate, not that she needs it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellyn, I guess it's fate because I was just thinking that I really need to kick it into overdrive with this weight loss thing. I have slowly gained at least 10 of the 45 lbs back that I had lost. I saw Jillians book and was considering it. What do you think so far?-Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. angie---so far... HARD! and i considered myself in moderate shape. i think if i can do this 6 days a week and cardio 5 days a week, i'll be down the 5-10lbs i want by september. you should try it! so far so good.

    ReplyDelete